Saweetie is facing some serious legal heat over an alleged Japan concert no-show. The “Tap In” rapper is being sued by a concert promoter who says she took a massive payment for multiple performances — then never showed up to perform.
According to court documents obtained by TMZ, entertainment company Moon Dream Production filed a lawsuit against Saweetie and her company, Icy Grl Touring, accusing them of fraud and breach of contract.
The promoter claims Saweetie agreed to perform four shows in Japan between July 18 and July 26, 2025, for a total fee of $200,000. According to court docs, the rapper allegedly received a $100,000 deposit upfront to secure the performances.
But here’s where it gets messy.
Moon Dream Production says Saweetie never performed the contracted shows. Instead, they claim she and her team allegedly used the promoter’s visa services to enter Japan — only to perform at other venues for different vendors during the same dates she was supposed to be working with them.
The promoter says they suffered major financial losses from the alleged no-show, including over $100,000 spent on merchandise and promotional materials, plus another $200,000 tied to venue expenses.
On top of that, the company claims they expected to earn around $400,000 in profits from the performances that never happened.
Now the promoter wants their money back — and then some.
The lawsuit reportedly seeks the return of the original $100K deposit along with a staggering $3 million in punitive damages.
So far, Saweetie has not publicly responded to the allegations.
Fans online are already debating the situation, with some defending the rapper while others are questioning how things allegedly got so out of control. Either way, this lawsuit could end up being one expensive trip to Japan.
★








