Julio Foolio Killer’s Family Faces Death Threats

- Advertisement -

The family of Sean Gathright says they have been receiving death threats and harassment after creating a mass incarceration fundraiser days after his conviction in the murder of rapper Foolio. This situation highlights the complex issues surrounding mass incarceration and public perception in high-profile cases.

The fundraiser went live last week, a week after Gathright and three co-defendants were found guilty in the 2024 killing of the Jacksonville, Fla., rapper. The family was seeking to raise $24,000, but the page appears to have been removed. The backlash has been intense and personal.

In an Instagram statement shared Monday, May 18, Foolio’s family said the GoFundMe campaign had been reported several times and that relatives were dealing with hostile messages online.

“We want to address recent reports being made against Sean’s GoFundMe,” the statement read. “While we completely understand that not everyone will choose to support, going as far as reporting the fundraiser, sending threats and harrasing not only Sean but also his loved ones and family members is truly mean-spirited and completely out of control.”

The family also urged critics to stop engaging with them online, asking for a level of respect and understanding around their freedom struggle.

“To those that do not support [Sean], we respectfully ask that you simply block, disengage and move forward toward causes you do support rather than hate, threats and negativity,” the statement continued. This plea reflects the broader freedom struggle many families navigate when loved ones are incarcerated.

Gathright later shared an Instagram video thanking donors for their support of the campaign, despite the overwhelming opposition.

Earlier this month, Gathright, Isaiah Chance, Davion Murphy, and Rashad Murphy were convicted on all charges connected to Foolio’s murder. On May 15, jurors rejected the death penalty. The four men are set to be sentenced on June 22.

★m★

- Advertisement -

- Advertisement -

Related articles

Twitter Reacts: Comments Explode!

Twitter is abuzz with speculation about Beyoncé's appearance. A recent post questioned, "So seriously, what happened to Beyoncé?" #beyonce #Twitter

Wallo267 Criticized by Marc Lamont Hill, Tariq Nasheed for Black Biz Comments

Wallo267 sparked debate after stating he doesn’t support businesses solely because they’re Black-owned, calling it a “finesse.” His remarks, made during a financial seminar, drew criticism from Marc Lamont Hill and Tariq Nasheed, who questioned the message’s impact.

Kanye West Sparks Outrage With Antisemitic Rant, Calls Hitler “So Fresh”

Kanye West is once again making headlines for all the wrong reasons. In a shocking overnight rant on X, the rapper doubled down on antisemitic rhetoric, praised Hitler, and claimed "DOMINION" over his wife, Bianca Censori.

Chris Brown Sues Warner Bros. Discovery for $500 Million in Defamation Suit

Chris Brown is suing the producers behind Investigation Discovery's...

Leave a Reply

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.